Thursday 25 August 2016

Man who named his Dog Buhari Released on bail , Offers No Apology For Action


Joachim Iroko, a 40-year-old man standing trial for
allegedly naming his dog ‘Buhari, said yesterday that he
had no regret for what he did. Iroko, who regained
freedom from prison four days after he was granted bail
by an Ota Magistrates’ Court 2 in Ogun State, said he
gave the dog the name because Buhari was his role
model.
The father of two, who said that his wife was currently
pregnant, maintained that some people misconstrued his
action.
His words:
“I have no regret for my action. It only happened that
some people misconstrued my action. I am so happy for
having splendid life again. It is joy to me.”
“I have three dogs – one bears Obama, one bears Joe,
my full name and the third is Buhari.
“I named these dogs after my role models and the late
dog I had bore Nelson Mandela. I don’t just give any
name to my dog. I give reputable names to my dogs. It
is the love I have for Buhari, who is my role model.”

No comments:

Post a Comment