Friday 26 August 2016

Man allegedly murders girlfriend for fun


A 22 year old man, Oweniwe
Chukwudi has been arrested by the police in Ondo
State for allegedly killing his girlfriend, Nifemi
Adeyeye at Ayede Ogbese
According to the suspect, he killed her for the fun
of it and not for ritual purposes
Chukwudi, who is a National Diploma student of
Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State, denied
removing body parts of the deceased after he
murdered her.
According to him “ I did not remove any part of her
body; I only killed her for the fun of it. I made love
with her in the bush before killing her. I am not a
cultist. It was when I killed her that I realized I
made a big mistake and I wept bitterly.”
Confirming the arrest, the Ondo state
commissioner of police, Hilda Harrison, who
paraded the suspect, said investigation revealed
some details. It revealed that Chukwudi whose
parents are cassava farmers in the Ogbese area of
the state, had tricked his girlfriend to Ayede
Ogbese, about 10 to 15 kilometres away from their
campus where he stabbed her.
He said: “He left her in the bush, thinking she was
dead but on his return the next day to remove
some of her body parts, he saw that she was still
alive”, he noted. While pretending to help her, the
suspect reportedly took her to a camp close to a
filling station in Ilu Abo, where he strangled her
again. When she didn’t die, he reportedly smashed
her head with stones until she died”.
According to reports, the Delta-state born
suspect who confessed to the crime, said he
invited the girl to his house before she passed on.
Adding that he killed her for the fun of it not for
rituals as was being speculated.
“I invited her to my house that fateful Tuesday
night, August 9th, but went to block her at
Alayere bus-stop and subsequently lured her to a
bush where i strangled her to death and
abandoned the corpse”.
Chukwudi, would be charged to court after
investigations are concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment