Tuesday 25 October 2016

Good News as Rotherham United Signs Osaze Odemwingie


Nigerian international, Osaze Odemwingie
Rotherham United have completed the signing of striker
Peter Odemwingie on a deal until January, subject to FA
and EFL ratification, SkySports reports.
35-year-old Odemwingie became a free agent after he
was released by Stoke in the summer. He becomes new
manager Kenny Jackett’s first signing, just days after
taking charge
The former Nigerian international was delighted after the
signing and said: “Rotherham and Bolton showed
interest over the weekend. Time is not on my side at my
age and the Championship is a bit closer to where I
wish to be."
“Thanks to Bolton for their interest in me but I’m really
pleased to join Rotherham. Kenny showed some interest
in me a few months ago and we have been in touch
since then. I am pleased he got a job and he offered me
a contract.
“My intuition said I’d be fine and that something would
come along eventually. Playing well in the Premier
League is still helping me now. Class is permanent, form
is temporary, so I just need to find my form. All the
movements are still there.”

Odemwingie had arrived at West Brom - his first English
club after joining from Lokomotiv Moscow. He scored 30
Premier League goals for the West Midlands club.

No comments:

Post a Comment