Monday 31 October 2016

Tolu Odukoya drops new single “My Heart”


Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun, daughter of
late renowned preacher, Paster Bimbo Odukoya,
today, dropped a new single titled My Heart .
According to Tolu, who recently got ordained as a
pastor, My Heart is a simple song of gratitude.
“When I think about all God has done for me,
everything I’ve been through, how He has
remained faithful, I think about how I can tell Him
how grateful I am. How can I give back in return.
The human way of showing gratitude is doing
something; and I thought giving him my heart
would do it. My heart is the most important part of
me as a human being. If I can give God that; that
shows how much I’m thankful for all that he’s
done,” she said.
Married with two children, Tolu revealed that aside
singing, she’s very passionate about God,
relationships, marriages and family.
Her first musical outing was in 2011 in a duet with
Onyeka Onwenu titled Gifted and Proud which she
did for her later mother’s foundation.
“I’ve always been singing. My mum actually
prayed when she was pregnant with me that I
would be a singer. So I’ve been singing in church
for a very long time, so I think this would be the
best time to dab into my ministry because I do see
music as my ministry,” she said.
“When I sing or I worship, I realise that I touch
people and I turn people back to God. It’s my own
way of ministering. I might not be the most
eloquent person at preaching the word, but I
believe when I sing, I get people to see God and
feel God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment