Tuesday 27 September 2016

CAC Pastor Accused Of Killing Wife In Ota Ogun State Kidnapped & Tortured By OPC Members


Pastor Olusegun Omoniyi, a pastor with the Christ
Apostolic Church, Onigbogbo, Atan Ota, Ogun State, is
critically ill after he was allegedly abducted and tortured
by some members of the Oodua People’s Congress.
It was learnt that 45-year-old Omoniyi had also gone
into hiding after he was rescued by policemen from the
Sango Area Command.
He said he feared for his life as the OPC members had
threatened to recapture and kill him .
We learnt that the OPC members were acting on the
instruction of some relatives of Omoniyi’s late wife,
Omolade, who had vowed to deal with him over the
sickness and subsequent death of the woman.
Our correspondent gathered that Omoniyi and his wife
married in 1999 and had a set of twins in 2000.
However, the twins were said to have died shortly after
they were born.
It was learnt that since the death of the children, the
couple had not been able to have any child, which
resulted in pressures from Omolade’s family.
Early 2015, the wife was reported to have left the cleric
despite entreaties from church leaders and relatives of
the husband.
We gathered that seven months after separating from the
husband, the 42-year-old was attacked by a strange
illness.
Omoniyi said, “She had told me that her family members
didn’t want her to continue living with me, but I begged
her to stay.
“However, sometime in 2015, I went for a church
meeting when some of her family members came. They
took away her property. Attempts at getting her family
members to reconcile us were abortive as they said she
had made her choice.
“However, in July 2015, I was told she was sick. On the
instruction of the church leadership, I went with some
other elders to give her N50,000. But her brother did not
allow us to see her, saying I should go alone to see her.
We refused.
“On February 6, 2016, while I was leading a church
programme around 10am, four men entered the church.
Two of them were OPC members and the others –
Adebayo and Stephen – were my wife’s relatives. While I
was on the altar, the two OPC members said they had
come to take me away.
“I told them that I would not follow them since I did not
know where they were taking me to. They beat me up
and one of them showed me a gun and said if I didn’t
cooperate, he would kill me.”
Omoniyi said he was thrown into a car belonging to his
wife’s eldest brother, adding that he was blindfolded
throughout the journey.
The cleric explained that he later found himself in Ijoko,
the camp of the OPC, saying the men tortured him before
taking him inside a clinic where his wife had been
admitted.
“In one of the rooms, I saw my wife on the bed. Her legs
were swollen and there was blood all over the place. I
asked her why she left the house and what I did wrong
“While talking to her, my in-laws started beating me. I
have never suffered such torture. I told my wife right
there that God would judge our matter,” he added.
He said he sneaked into the clinic’s toilet where he
made a call to a church leader informing him of his
location, adding that the latter informed the police who
stormed the area and rescued him.
It was learnt that Omolade died the following day.
[By Punch Metro]

No comments:

Post a Comment