Sunday 24 July 2016

Why I am dragging Igbinedion, Oghiadohme, Ize- Iyamu to EFCC – Oshiomhole


BENIN CITY - GOVERNOR Adams Oshiomhole of Edo
state, weekend, disclosed plans to drag the former
governor of the state, Chief Lucky Igbinedion,
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and former chief of Staff to
President, Chief Mike Oghiadohme to the Economic
and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged
misappropriation of the funds of the state when
they were in power in Edo state.
It would be recalled that Chief Oghiadohme and Ize-
Iyamu were deputy governor and Secretary to the
state Government respectively during the
Igbinedion’s administration. He said he decided not
to probe that administration since he became
governor because he would not want to be
distracted but that recent political developments in
the state had forced him to do so.
Speaking at the a rally of the APC, at Fugar, Etsako
Central Local Government Area, home soil of
Oghiadohme, where its governorship candidate,
Godwin Obaseki went to campaign, Oshiomhole
asserted that “these PDP leaders should be
ashamed, I am looking at the books now because I
just wanted to work and look forward because for
me, my task is not to be reversing.
“I have spent too much time fighting, I just wanted
to work so I don’t want to look at the books. But
when I see the snakes, the scorpions, the pythons,
all these people that God cursed, they are trying to
cause confusion, I called for the books. When I am
going to Anigbette, I will carry the vouchers where
Oghiadohme, Ize-Iyamu and his Oga, where they
appropriated money, they call it for the construction
of Anegbette bridge.
“In their books they claimed they built the bridge
but no bridge on ground. Everything must go to
Abuja. They collected the money in full, even to
Ayoha my mother’s village they ate the money. I will
publish them for our traditional rulers to see, they
claimed they did the road from Jattu-Ayuwa-Iyuku
and they collected the money they pocketed it.
“God will definitely punish them, that is why I am
warning our brother, (Oghiadohme) he cannot afford
a fight. He abandoned his people while he was in
power and today he is talking nonsense. For seven
and half years they planned to impeach me, but
today I am standing and they are out of power. God
impeached them” he stated.
Carpeting the PDP leaders over their comments
against him over the building of Edo State
University Iyamho, Oshiomhole asserted that “For
you to know that PDP thinks we are not part of this
state, where Oghiadohme is seated, Orbih is seated,
PDP people are saying why should we build
university, what I call Edo University.
“I asked them, during the tenure of PDP they built a
university and they called it Igbinedion University,
Okada. Should I build Oshiomhole University
Iyamho, no. I will rather build Edo University for the
people of Edo state not for me to own but for Edo
people to own. How can anyone who understands
the logic of development in a world that is
knowledge driven, question the wisdom of investing
in education. If they cannot see tomorrow I have
seen next tomorrow” he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment