Wednesday 27 July 2016

Why I Didn’t Donate Kidney To OJB – Third Wife Reveals



OJB Jezreel‘s third wife, Korede Okungbowa has
revealed why she was unable to donate her own kidney
to her husband when he was in dire need of a kidney for
a transplant.
Korede, who bore two children for the late music icon
stated that she was ruled out by the doctors, who said
it could not have been possible.
‘Initially, when we went for tests, we were all fit to
donate, but then, I had just given birth to my baby girl
through CS, so the doctors ruled me out. Eventually, it
was Mama J (first wife) that was the donor and I was
asked to come and take care of them,” she explained.
“In retrospect, I feel good about that opportunity; it
bonded the family in a very unique way. It was an
emotional time for me. That Jigga had to go through
that process was heart breaking and seeing Mama Jay
having to go through all that was hurting. There were
nights she couldn’t sleep and she cried, and at such
times, I couldn’t hold back the pain. So, we cried all
through the night together and that kind of drew
everybody closer. And all the while, June was taking
care of the kids back here in Nigeria.”
It would be recalled that OJB Jezreel suffered kidney
failure in 2013 and it was his first wife, Mabel
Okungbowa, who stepped forward to save her ailing
husband by donating one of her kidneys.
Many had no idea what led to Mabel taking on the
responsibility of being the one to donate a kidney to
save OJB. She had however said if she did not do it for
him as a wife, nobody would.

No comments:

Post a Comment